Saturday, 23 June 2012

When Zionists promote Anti-Semitism

It is ironic that those who claim to oppose anti-Semitism the strongest sometimes, however unintentionally, appear to be the ones who actually promote it the loudest.

I have never knowingly and intentionally cited or drawn attention to anti-Semitic material, but some who disagree with me have repeatedly done so.

But then what can you do when you don't want to address the message (the resolution of the Israel-Palestinian conflict by peaceful and diplomatic means based on the rule of international law and UN Resolutions)? Simple, deflect attention from the message by discrediting the messenger. See herehere and here for recent examples.

I am obviously not responsible for the content of these websites. So please don't assume that just because I'm making it easy for you to find them, I necessarily endorse everything on them will you (whether Zionism or anti-Semitism)? You are a grown up, you make up your own mind.

As for me, I concur wholeheartedly with John Stott who once said,
“Away then with anti-Semitism! It has been an appalling scandal in the history of Europe, and even the Christian church has been implicated. Christians should be ‘pro-Semitic’, in the sense that we recognize how the people of Israel have been highly favoured by God. We Gentiles are their debtors, Paul wrote (Romans 15:27). We owe them a huge spiritual debt, especially in their bequest to the world of both the Scriptures and the Christ."

If you want to know what I actually believe instead of other people tell you I believe, then see here, here, here and here.