Friday, 5 March 2010

Christ at the Checkpoint

On Monday I leave for Bethlehem. Bethlehem Bible College is hosting an international conference Christ at the Checkpoint. International speakers include Brother Andrew, Tony Campolo, Gary Burge and Lynn Hybels. Local speakers include Alex Awad, Jonathan Kuttab and Salim Munyer. I am giving a paper entitled, "The Bible, Israel and the Church: Challenging Zionism, Anti-Semitism and Replacement Theology." If you want to know what I am going to say, check out my book here and specifically here.

I will be showing how in the Bible the Lord repudiates both racism and supercessionism but also nationalisms such as Zionism. I will show how the Bible clearly and conclusively teaches that God has only ever had one people and the basis for membership of the people of God has always been faith not race. Who are God's 'chosen' people? Those who trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. No more, no less.