I'm looking forward to using this Blog to stimulate some debate on issues I feel passionate about. These include:
1. Jesus Christ (I believe he is the Eternal Word, the Son of God and Saviour of the world).
2. The Bible (I believe the Bible is God's Word - inspired, true, infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and doctrine. This is why I support the work of the Bible Society, Wycliffe Bible Translators and the International Bible Society).
3. The Gospel (I want everyone to hear the good news of Jesus Christ because there is only one way to God - through faith (trust) in Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Saviour).
4. Evangelism (I believe in the freedom to express one's faith or change one's religion and support the work of Agape, UCCF, the Navigators, Operation Mobilisation and Open Doors).
5. Interfaith dialogue (I am engaged with several agencies seeking to encourage greater understanding and mutual respect).
6. The future of the Anglican Communion (I support the GAFCON initiative, Anglican Mainstream, The Church Society, Proclamation Trust and Reform and repudiate, for example, the apostate leadership of the Episcopal Church in North America).
7. Christian Zionism (I regard this movement at best as misguided and at worst, a destructive heresy. See www.christianzionism.org for some reasons).
8. Justice, peace and reconciliation in the Middle East (The Bible does not mandate an apocalyptic war in the Middle East. Justice for the Palestinians can lead to security for the Israelis but it must be based on the rule of international law and the implementation of UN Resolutions).
9. Creationism (I am a creationist and yes, my first degree was in geography. The study of the earth only made me more convinced which is why I support Answers in Genesis).
10. Pro-Life (I believe life begins at conception and abortion is murder. I support the work of LIFE and also SPUC).
11. Biblical and Practical Theology ('Theology' simply means 'right thinking about God' and is for all and not just theologians. www.bible.org is a good place to start. Praxis is about applying our faith to politics and social action. I therefore support the Christian Institute and the London Institute for Contemporary Christianity).
12. Photography (is one way of praising God for the beauty of his creation and my recreational passion. For a taster see here).
Thank you for reading this far. Now it is your turn. And if you found this blog by accident (read providence - because nothing happens by chance) and want to know more about some of these issues, you might like to visit our church website www.cc-vw.org or my own website www.sizers.org.